Friday, January 1, 2010

Foolish Heart

It's heart wrenching what they call love

Painfully jaw clenching when they think their heart beats for him...

My own foolish ways allow me to account for these acts...

No! I don't mean to criticize young hearts... I just want you to realize that the heart turns into a fool sometimes..

And the things we do for affection

Are the same things that will earn our rejection, when our hearts are going through this phase...

We spend so much time on the phone

Make so many plans to be alone

Never realizing we're wrong

Committing ourselves to long

Very long

As long as we can relationships

To prove that it isn't some "little love thing"

That this "other" isn't just my high school fling...

He's my being

No leaving

He's my cleaving

He's my feeding to my every need

My greed

I lose my mind! Literally lose it! And every thought while I'm not preoccupied involves his presence near me!

And it's wrong! It's all wrong the way we think we love another!

And we can't bother

To even conceive the thought of a break up..That would be wrong right?

Because I gave so much of myself to you

That separation would cause me to lose myself

Drive myself so far out into this road...

So LOST, I'm in a well known place, but I have no idea of where I am...

That well known place of being SINGLE

The state I was in before I knew you

But I want to get back on that main road!

That road everyone's driving on....COMMITMENT!

Giving myself to you

Seems so much better than finding out what's true...

I rather cling to you and make things temporary

And slaughter real opportunities for love on the contrary

I rather be dumb than smart....

I rather toy with my foolish, foolish heart....

Samantha Blake 2008©

1 comment:

  1. wow so true, i've found myself feeling the same way before. "rather be dumb than smart"
    very expressive!

    ReplyDelete